Magnificent home on a point at the tip of Discovery Bay
On a stunning promontory, once the site of an old stone fort, sits a remarkable new home named Fortlands Point. From its breathtaking location on the tip of the peninsula, the commanding view encompasses the turquoise water of Discovery Bay on one side and the deep blue Caribbean Sea on the other.
The views are simply magnificent. The clear buoyant water and adjacent reefs are a paradise for snorkelers and divers. Just a few feet from the point, the protected reefs are a colorful coral world of Jackfish, Parrot Fish, Wrass and Sergeant Majors. The stereophonic sound of waves lapping the coral and beaches lulls guests to sleep each night.
Textures of teak, cedar, Italian tile and Persian rugs complement the dramatic architecture. With families in mind, seven bedrooms (including two specifically for children) have been thoughtfully designed on individual split levels.
The comfortable verandah is complete with black granite bar, ice maker and television. Sunset cocktail hours here drift into leisurely long dinners under the stars on any of five open-air dining areas. Inside is the formal dining room with 100-year-old 12' mahogany heirloom table. As a special treat, the staff will serve dinner on the very point itself, followed by a seaside bonfire if you wish ~ making for evenings to treasure and remember.
Seven old cannons dot the two-acre grounds. Across the lawn is the indoor glass-backed squash court. The adjacent mirrored fitness room includes a universal weight machine and elliptical cycle in a breezy space with a wonderful view of the sea.
Child friendly, Fortlands Point offers two complimentary port-a-cribs, one high chair and games for children (and adults too). The DSS television system includes Disney and and other children's programming. For more water adventures at various costs, the 52' Suzie Q will take guests sport fishing and picnicking, a wonderful treat for adults and children alike. If you've left your own pets at home, you'll be happy to see two playful German Shepherds romping on the lawn. They love children.
• Level 1:
○ Living room, verandah, bar with television, sound system, outside dining areas, inside formal dining room, kitchen with 6-burner gas stove, walkway to staff quarters.
○ All rooms open to wide stone terrace, swimming pool and hot tub. Four steps down to lawn, three steps down to main beach on the bay. Across the lawn, four steps down to two more beaches on the sea.
• Lower Level:
○ Bedroom 1: Custom-designed mahogany kingsize bed (Baron's bed) plus daybed, television, French doors to furnished terrace and lawn, sea view, en-suite bathroom with bidet and tub-shower combination. Wheelchair accessible bedroom and terrace via ramped entrance and wide doorways.
• Level 2:
○ Bedroom 2: Kingsize bedroom plus daybed, sea view, French doors to furnished balcony, en-suite bathroom with bidet and tub-shower combination.
○ Bedroom 3: Queensize 4-poster bed, sea view, en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination.
○ Children's Room: Twin beds, en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination
• Level 3: Captain's Room: Named for its prow-of-ship views. Kingsize 4-poster bed, television, spacious en-suite bathroom with double-basin vanity, bidet, large walk-in shower (big enough for two) with 2 showerheads and 3 waterjet body massagers
○ Family Room: Comfortable sitting room with large surround-sound television, DVD player, balcony and sea view.
• Level 4: Bedroom 4: Large loft bedroom under high peaked ceiling. Kingsize bed, spacious bathroom with bidet and large walk-in shower (big enough for two) with 2 showerheads and 3 waterjet body massagers. Sea view from bedroom, bathroom and shower.
○ Children's Loft: Twin beds in small cute blue room under peaked ceiling, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower.
All bedrooms feature state-of-the-art remote control air conditioners and ceiling fans. All bathrooms are fitted with stainless steel Kohler fixtures.
Homeowner requests that guests do not smoke in the bedrooms.
Fortlands Point has its own limited wine cellar. Selections include:
○ Wolf Blass Shiraz (2000)
○ South Australia - $35
○ La Joya Grand Reserve Merlot (1998)
○ Chile - $25
○ Baron Philippe De Rothschild Escudo Rojo (2000)
○ Chile - $30
○ Robert Mondavi Pvt. Coastal Merlot (1998)
○ California - $41
○ Conannon Chardonnay (1997)
○ California - $28
○ Baron Briare Touraine (2000)
○ France - $24
○ Fetzer Sauvignon Blanc (2001)
○ California - $23
Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- Rental Period: Weekly
- Rental Detail: Rates in US$ per Night.See website for seasonal rates.Rental rates are nightly and subject to Tax (rates subject to change without prior notice)
- Specials: For all special offers please visit our website.
- Booking (URL)
- Maximum Guests: 14
- Bedrooms: 7
- Bathrooms: 7
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- Suitability: Adults and Children
- Alternate or Additional Contact eMail: email@example.com
- Cancellation Policy: http://sunnyvillaholidays.com/cancel.html
- Booking Process: Contact us for booking.
Close to 5000 ft² (around 450 m²) of marble flooring. Year-round flowers in bloom in the delicious tropical garden. The well-appointed rooms of Tranquility stretch over 6,300ft² of rich marble floors. Artful landscaping ensures year-round flowers in… Jamaica
Report this ad